Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Thanks Givin' Threat "Maple-Rosemary Glazed Walnuts"

Maple-Rosemary Glazed Walnuts



Maple Rosemary Glazed Walnuts
I am a big fan of green salads topped with fruit and nuts, especially when the nuts are glazed or spiced!  I also love snacking on nuts – salted, spiced, glazed, smoke-flavored – I love them all.  I’m not sure why I’ve never tried making something like this before, but these glazed walnuts were so simple I’m kicking myself for not trying it sooner.
When I first saw Ellie Krieger’s recipe for Maple Glazed Walnuts, I was a little skeptical that they would turn out right.  It just seemed too easy.  If the recipe had been attributed to any other Food Network celebrity I’m not sure I even would have tried it, but I trust Ellie more than some of the others.
I was lucky enough to meet Ms. Krieger last year during my cherry trip to Michigan.  She did a quick cooking demonstration using tart cherries for a handful of bloggers, myself included.  I’m not sure why I haven’t gushed about this before, but Ellie Krieger was super-friendly, absolutely beautiful, and a really great cook.  Although I hadn’t really watched her show before, I became a big fan after meeting her in person and hearing her talk about food and cooking.  I don’t have any of her cookbooks yet, but I’ve heard really good things about The Food You Crave and So Easy, and they’re both on my wish list!
Let’s get back to the walnuts.  I decided to go ahead and give the glazed walnuts a try, but thought the addition of some fresh chopped rosemary might be interesting.  Well, I knew it would be interesting, but I was hoping it would also be good.  It was.  The recipe worked perfectly.  I ended up with delicious glazed walnuts in less than five minutes!
Green Salad with Strawberries, Blue Cheese and Glazed Walnuts
The first thing I did – other than nonstop snacking on glazed walnuts – was make this delicious green salad with strawberries, blue cheese, and strawberry-balsamic vinaigrette.  The walnuts were a perfect addition.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment